Please read these Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) carefully. Your use of the Service (as defined below) constitutes your consent to this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and Hamlet Inc. (“Company” or “we” or “us”)concerning your use of (including any access to) the newsletters, information, summaries and other content, resources or products and services provided byCompany (together with any website or mobile application on which such materials are made available, the “Service”). This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms and conditions made available by Company through the Service, or otherwise made available to you by Company.
By using or accessing the Service, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement of, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement.
If you are an individual accessing or using the Service on behalf of, or for the benefit of, any corporation, partnership or other entity with which you are associated (an “Organization”), then you are agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and such Organization, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to bind such Organization to this Agreement. References to “you” and “your” in this Agreement will refer to both the individual using the Service and to any such Organization.
This Agreement contains a mandatory arbitration provision that, as further set forth in Section 19 below, requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or any other court proceedings, or class actions of any kind.
1. Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting a revised Agreement through the Service. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Your use or access of the Service following any changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Agreement was last changed. We may, at any time, without liability, and upon providing notice to you (via email or otherwise), modify or discontinue all or part of the Service (including access to the Service via any third-party links); charge, modify or waive any fees required to use the Service; or offer opportunities to some or all Service users.
2. Acknowledgements about the Service. You acknowledge and agree that theService does not and is not intended to constitute legal or financial advice. The Service is not a substitute and does not remove the need for your own judgment or the judgment of lawyers, financial advisors or other professionals offering services related to your needs. You further acknowledge and agree that the Service is not customized for your purposes and may not accurately reflect the specific information necessary for your purposes. It is your responsibility to determine whether use of the Service is appropriate for your purposes. Company will not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any output or results produced by reference to, assistance of, or use of, the Service. You are responsible for your selection and use of the Service. You further acknowledge that your use of theService may not achieve the results you desire. We make no representations as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity or timeliness of the Service or third party resources or services.
4. Jurisdictional Issues. The Service is controlled or operated (or both) from theUnited States, and is not intended to subject Company to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. The Service may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S.jurisdictions. Any use of the Service is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Service’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
5. Rules of Conduct. In connection with the Service, you must not:
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other services needed to use or access the Service.
6. Transactions. We may make available the ability to purchase or otherwise obtain access to certain parts of the Service (a “Transaction”). If you wish to make a Transaction, you may be asked to supply certain relevant information, such as your credit card number and its expiration date, your billing address and your shipping information.You represent and warrant that you have the right to use any credit card that you submit in connection with a Transaction. By submitting such information, you grant to us the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating Transactions. Verification of information maybe required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction. By making a Transaction, you represent that the purchased Service will be used only in a lawful manner.
Company reserves the right, including without prior notice, to discontinue making available any part of the Service; to impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, discount or similar promotion; to bar any user from making any Transaction; and to refuse to provide any user with any Service. Refunds will be subject to Company’s applicable refund and exchange policies. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or on your behalf through the Service, at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. In addition, you are responsible for any taxes applicable to your Transactions. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service.
7. Registration. User Names and Passwords. You may need to register to use all or part of the Service. We may reject, or require that you change, any user name, password or other information that you provide to us in registering. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you, and not Company, are responsible for any use or misuse of your user name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name or password, or your Service account.
8. Interactive Services. Users of or visitors to the Service may make availablecertain content, comments or reactions (each, a “Submission”) through or inconnection with the Service, including on any interactive parts of the Service, suchas newsletters, message boards and other forums. Company has no control overand is not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any thirdparty of Submissions. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable or other information publicly available through the Service, you do so at your own risk.
9. License. For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of your Submissions. Foreach Submission, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use, analyze and exploit such Submission, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose(including promotional purposes, such as testimonials).
In addition, if you provide to us any ideas, proposals, suggestions or other materials (“Feedback”), whether related to the Service or otherwise, such Feedback will be deemed a Submission, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Feedback is not confidential, and that your provision of such Feedback is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and does not place Company under any fiduciary or other obligation.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that your Submissions, and your provision thereof through and in connection with the Service, are complete and accurate, and are not fraudulent, tortious or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding eachSubmission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
10. Monitoring. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove Submissions before or after they appear on the Service, or analyze your access to or use of the Service. We may disclose information regarding your access to and use of the Service, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, to anyone for any reason or purpose.
11. Your Limited Rights. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, we hereby permit you, on a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable basis, to use and use the Service to the extent permitted by the features of the Service. If you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using the Service. Company reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Submissions.
12. Company’s Proprietary Rights. We and our suppliers own the Service, which is protected by proprietary rights and laws. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos on the Service not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any right or license to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos without the express prior written consent of the owner. Any unauthorized use of such materials may violate laws and regulations governing intellectual property.
13. Third Party Materials. Links. Certain Service functionality may make available access to information, products, services and other materials made available by third parties, including Submissions (“Third Party Materials”), or allow for the routing or transmission of such Third Party Materials, including via links. By using such functionality, you are directing us to access, route and transmit to you the applicable Third Party Materials.
We neither control nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, any Third Party Materials, including the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness, reliability, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of Third Party Materials, or any intellectual property rights therein. Certain Third Party Materials may, among other things, be inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to be a representation or warranty by Company with respect to any ThirdParty Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials (in whole or part) through theService at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third Party Materials through
the Service does not imply our endorsement of, or our affiliation with, any provider of such Third Party Materials, nor does such availability create any legal relationship between you and any such provider.
Your use of Third Party Materials is at your own risk and is subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to such Third Party Materials (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third Party Materials).
15. Disclaimer of Warranties. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law: (a) the Service and Third Party Materials are made available to you on an “As Is,” “Where Is” and “Where Available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory; and (b) Company disclaims all warranties with respect to the Service, any output or results produced by reference to, assistance of or use of the Service and any Third Party Materials, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and title. All disclaimers of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made for the benefit of both Company and its affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”), and their respective successors and assigns.
While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Service, we do not guarantee that the Service is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Service will be uninterrupted. The Service may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement.Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Service. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of such alteration and its location on the Service.
16. Limitation of Liability. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law:
(a) Company will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, under any contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or other theory, including damages for loss of profits, use or data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of Submissions (including unauthorized interception by third parties of any Submissions), even if advised in advance of the possibility of such damages or losses;
(b) without limiting the foregoing, Company will not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from your use or access of or inability to use or access the Service, any output or results produced by reference to, assistance of or use of the Service, or any Third Party Materials, including from any Virus that may be transmitted in connection therewith;
(c) your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service, any output or results produced by reference to, assistance of or use of the Service, or Third Party Materials is to stop using the Service;
(d) the maximum aggregate liability of Company for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be the greater of $10.00 and total amount, if any, paid by you to Company to use the Service. All limitations of liability of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made for the benefit of both Company and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns.
17. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, theService (including all Submissions and all output or results produced by reference to, assistance of, or use of, the Service); and (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
18. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Company may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and without prior notice, for any or no reason, including if Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination or suspension, your right to use the Service will immediately cease, and Companymay, without liability to you or any third party, immediately deactivate or delete your user name, password and account, and all associated materials, without any obligation to provide any further access to such materials. Sections 2–6, 8–10 and12–24 will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
19. Governing Law; Arbitration. The terms of this Agreement are governed by the laws of the United States (including federal arbitration law) and the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. Except for disputes that qualify for small claims court, all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement or any aspect of the relationship between you and Company, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, will be resolved through final and binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury and you agree that Company and you are each waiving the right to trial by a jury. Such disputes include, without limitation, disputes arising out of or relating to interpretation or application of this arbitration provision, including the enforceability, revocability or validity of the arbitration provision or any portion of the arbitration provision. All such matters will be decided by an arbitrator and not by a court or judge.
You agree that any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted and you are agreeing to give up the ability to participate in a class action.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Consumer Arbitration Rules, as amended by this Agreement. The Consumer Arbitration Rules are available online at https://www.adr.org/sites/default/ The arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by you or by us that an in-person hearing is appropriate. Any in-person appearances will be held at a location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the AAA or by the arbitrator. The arbitrator’s decision will follow the terms of this Agreement and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of thisAgreement, but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you.
20. Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Please note that Company does not endorse any of the products or services listed on such site.
21. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Service, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to PO Box 3482, Santa Monica, CA 90408, or by calling us at 310-909-3493. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento,CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
22. Copyright Infringement Claims. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Service infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to Company a written notice by mail or e-mail, requesting that Company remove such material or block access to it. If you
believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send to Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to Hamlet Copyright Agent as follows: By mail to PO Box 3482, Santa Monica, CA 90408; or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Hamlet Copyright Agent’s phone number is 310-909-3493.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice or counter-notice.
23. Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (b)on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
24. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and will not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Company. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligation sunder this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision.All terms defined in the singular will have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term“including” or variations thereof in this Agreement will be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation”. This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and Company relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Company relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Service or by e-mail(including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to thisAgreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Company will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.